Friday, September 24, 2010

Share Your Toys / Found Money Interview

Share Your Toys

We are taught as children to share our toys, books and other personal belongings that we have. I remember being a child and always giving away my stuff to others. Some times to the point where they kept on taking and I had no idea. I have remained the same way as an adult. Heck they say people never change. You are a product of your environment. I was hoping we can change this environment we are in. Everyone gives excuses of the economy not to give fiscally. That I get. Where society has changed is in a recent interview I did.

Money Interviews

Recently I was at a public event where I found some money on the ground. I knocked on car windows in the area and asked people if it was theirs. They looked puzzled. Many told me, "Ah heck if that was me I would just keep my mouth shut!" Is this what we have become? A culture of take what we can get and give little? I was a bit shocked by that. I'm not perfect by any means but I was always told to do the right thing. One woman asked me, "haven't you been working here all day?" I said, "Yes." She asked, "Do you get paid?" I said, "no, I do it for free." She said consider it payment. That one I thought was funny." But out of the 10 or so people I talked to 90% was pretty darn cold about it. Thanks society.

Don't Almost Give

I was recently on the site http://www.dontalmostgive.org A great site with wonderful information. So my thoughts today I guess are share your toys, don't lose your money on the ground, and don't almost give!

Best Wishes

Vin Gleason
Executive Director of Therun4life.org

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones