Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Week Back

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.
Winston Churchill


First Full Week Back

It has been an amazing first week back. Last week I ran nearly 16 miles and was the first time I have ran that far since June 2010. Sitting on the sideline so long was really tough. I tried coming back in the winter at the gym but it just didn't workout. Now I am poised and ready to get back to who I was and the job I was doing running for people all around the country. Just as Winston Churchill said, "come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time." That is exactly what I am doing.

Vin's Week #1 Workout Plan: Beginner 10 Weeks to Greatness Plan

I decided to comeback on a beginner plan. For those that don't know a couple of us local runners developed a plan called, "Ten Weeks to Greatness." Everyone who has ever done it has had big results after 10 weeks. The program is meant for those runners who can already do 15-20 miles a week.

Week #1 15-17 Miles per week



Monday- easy 3 then Monday 8 x 100 meter sprints (Ab Core Part 3)

Tuesday OFF (Optional Weight Training)

Wednesday easy 3 then Wednesday 4 x 100meter sprints (Ab Core Part 3)

Thursday 3

Friday 2-3 easy

Saturday 3

SUN OFF


It has been a fun time coming back! I came back my first race on Labor Day, and it was really fun! Looking forward to week #2 on TW2G!

Keep on running


-Vin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another reason why these abdominal exercise machines are beneficial in particular is the way they allow exercise of the upper and lower body, but are low-impact on the joints.

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones