Saturday, November 8, 2008

What Makes Me Tick?

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."
- Jim Rohn


What Makes Me Tick?

Well I have had many emails lately asking me why do I run or what makes me want to run for other people? I will tell you that it is a deep down desire to help the kids, families or hospitals that I serve. We cannot change the world we live in if we say, "Yes I am going to do that", and then sell ourselves short by not doing so. So I have become a man of my word. I push through injury, pouring rain, snow, and whatever else is thrown my way. Call it crazy, I call it discipline. I wasn't blessed with the athletes body so I make due. Since I started running I have pushed through an IT band injury, two hurt knees, and stress fractures. All times keeping the eye on the prize. I am not telling you to go out and run hurt. I am saying that most Americans can do more. All you need is 20 minutes a day to get in shape and it will increase overtime! Don't sell yourself short, You Can DO It!

You Don't Need to be Rich To Run

I think the common misconception is that you need the next best gear to run well and get in shape. I have found that is a myth. If you are racing you will need new gear if not then it's not that bad. I actually went almost a year with the same pair of sneakers because I didn't have the money to buy new ones, as well as this year. I find whatever gear is safe, and keeps me warm and dry. It doesn't have to be fancy, just practical and do the job! When it rains, or snows I cheat and wear zip-lock or bread bags around my socks. It is better than 2 pairs of wet socks out on a long run. In this upcoming weather just dress to what makes you comfortable. Style doesn't keep you warm and safe. So today I look out my window and see pouring rain, looks like I better get out the bags!!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Thank you for all your support and help this year!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones