Sunday, November 30, 2008

Can We Do More? Thank You to all my Friends

"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson


Can We Do More?

I do not think people truly understand that we have freedom. We are a culture that can do almost anything and go almost anywhere, yet many fear what is beyond the walls! As someone who has taken care of his children, graduated from college, and now attending grad school, I know we can do more! Everyday I hear someone say, "Oh the economy is the problem...I can't do anything because of the economy!" To you I say that is an excuse. It is an excuse not to have to do anything about the problem at hand. Running/walking is the same thing. It is an investment in yourself.

Heck I am poorer that most, I have opted in the last 4 years to give my life for the cause of saving the lives of children. The battles my own children fought enlightened me to change the world. I have learned to live a simple life and not needing the next biggest and best thing. The best thing for me is giving children a chance to make it to the classroom. Let us not worry about the economy. I have learned you can always do more with what you have. Heck we have put on many events in the last year alone without spending much and without making one cent. You remember who and why you are doing it. So as my first probably controversial post, I say there is more we can do! I always believe there is a little super-hero inside us each and everyday.

I want to spend today being thankful for all of the kind emails and letters. For each and every cent that a handful of you donated to saving lives and believing in me. I will be running for each and everyone of you in the Boston Marathon 2009! I want to give a special thanks to my good friend Steve in Florida. This is a man who has leapt into my family and into my cause. For him I am thankful. He has supported me as a family member would over the last year. I would also like to thank Jodi Saurini for letting me run in honor of your son Zack. He is a fighter and a true inspiration. I want to thank Abby Fitzgerald Mosher for giving me the opportunity to run in memory of her son Austin Mosher. May he be running, high upon the clouds! I am also very thankful for the health of my two children and for running for my 18 year old brother with autism. It has been a joy to hang out with him more of late. Thank you each and every one for the support and donations!






Read About The Story

You may go to http://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/bostonmarathon09/pfp/?ID=GV0003 for further details. You can read about why I am running and who I am running for. You can also go to http://www.therun4life.org to read about our story.

Steve's Cause

I would also like to take this time to look at a cause that Steve holds near and dear to him. "Western South Dakota is basically under a no-travel advisory." The storm already has dropped 45.7 inches of snow near Deadwood, in the northern Black Hills. Reports of 10 inches to 2 feet of snow were received from many West River counties. In some towns, residents reported drifts were blocking their doorways.

In Shannon County, in the southwestern corner of the state, 20-foot snowdrifts were reported on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The snow fell at a rate of 3 inches an hour early Thursday, the weather service said, and downtown Rapid City reported a 78-mph wind gust late Wednesday.

If interested contact jbaker@nativeprogress.org for more information
http://www.nativeprogress.org

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones