Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week #3 of Comeback Training

"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." ~Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, 1996

Week #3 of Comeback Training

Week 3 went very well. I had done my first successful speedwork back since January. I hadn't even done any the weeks before Boston because of the condition of my knee. Needless to say it went well. I decided to use the Majorpalooza Run4life 5k course for a 3.12 mile speed work. My first mile was 6:30 and then my legs started wobbling and it went to 7:30 and then 8:10 for the last mile. I was very happy with the progress. I had many great runs with my mom and Meg, YMCA Gals, and Rick Bower. I am trying to run with someone new everyday to keep it fresh and exciting.

The knee issue is feeling stronger daily. Though I have no developed some lower back issues. Not sure what that is but it comes and it goes. I am on my way to NYCC to have it checked out in a couple hours. I want to say thank you to all of you for the great posts on facebook all the time. Keep showing the world your positive energy!

Target Race Comeback- July 18th

I have set my target as the Fillmore 5k on July 18th. Its a nice flat, fast and certified USATF 5k. Anyone interested in joining me on the journey go to:

http://www.fingerlakesrunners.org/races/forms/Fillmore.html

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones