Sunday, February 6, 2011

Do Fitness and Comedy Mix?

"I play tennis, the thing that is depressing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as the wall, I played a wall once, their relentless" -Mitch Hedberg


Do Fitness and Comedy Mix?

I am trying to find this out for myself. When I was in school kids always said I was funny. When I was in my late teen years I wrote a whole comedy skit in the essence of ADC. Never did anything with it. The one thing I realized that at the same time I was running and training, I was once a year writing a comedy CD with my partner in the comedy process.

It has been a progression from 2003 to today. If anything has been the challenge it is finding the time between work at Therun4life, part time job, grad school and comedy project at night. Somehow I still manage to spend 6 days of all of my extra time with the kids. Anyways bear with me as I embark on my new fitness and comedy journey. If you want to check out us local boys just google search "2 Utaholics". We aren't out to offend anyone just to have fun and follow our vision from years well before our non profit work. I feel if everyone else is allowed to have fun then it is our turn. So maybe someday I can make you laugh or get you in shape. You pick!

10 Reason's Why I think Fitness and Comedy Mix well:

1.) I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon. - Ellen DeGeneres

2.) Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes. -Robert Hutchins

3.) Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

4.) The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." Rita Rudner

5.) I am pushing sixty. That is enough exercise for me. -- Mark Twain

6.) My idea of exercise is a good brisk sit. -- Phyllis Diller

7.) You've reached middle-age when all you exercise is caution. Anonymous

8.) Exercise? I get in on the golf course. When I see my friends collapse, I run for the paramedics. -- Red Skelton

9.) Aerobics: a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps. -- Anonymous

10.) Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy, you don't need it, and if you are sick, you shouldn't do it. -- Henry Ford


Yesterday's Workout

Saturday's workout was another easy 1 mile sprint. Legs were much stronger than last week and I felt better. The 10-5 program gives results quickly if you can handle it.

Everyone have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

1 comment:

Molly said...

well, Vin, if you can't laugh while you're pushing yourself silly, it just isn't worth it!

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones