Thursday, March 12, 2009

Copy of Letter I wrote to the Paper

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up!" -Jim Valvano

In Today's Society You Don't Ever Give Up

When I started out on this quest to run the Boston Marathon in November, I was telling my friends to go for their dreams. I set out on the goal by May 1st to raise $3000 for sick children at Boston Children's Hospital and I have nearly accomplished that! I want to thank all of you that supported this campaign.

A month ago I slipped on a sidewalk and dislocated my kneecap and tore a muscle under my left knee. Everywhere I turned I was told nothing I could do but just rest. I never take sitting down as the answer. Thanks to the help of Dr. Brian Landers who has a practice on south street, I am at least back up and running. Thank you Brian for your outside the box thinking to my situation.

I won't be running the 3:20 marathon that I had hoped but I am sending a message to never give up! Today as I write this I can barely make it 4 miles with my knee but I will still be out there running the hills of Boston on April 20th for those children that I promised. I hear many people give excuses as why I should fold up, but assure you that would not be in my nature nor would I preach such a drone example to my children. This whole thing was inspired by my children and a local boy Zack Saurini. I have decided to give back even more by making commemorative T-shirts (thanks to Splatterhouse T's) to my sponsors and all left overs will be sold with proceeds going to Zacks benefit. Zach has Oculo-Ectodermal Syndrome and Jaffe Campanacci Syndrome. Zach had surgery at Boston Children's Hospital on February 4th and has since returned home to Auburn. His benefit will be Sunday April 26, 2009 from 1-5pm at Sennett Fire Department. He is the true story of never giving up! I encourage all of you to never give up during these times and follow your dreams. Even if you have to chase them a little bit slower than imagined!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones