Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 5 of Comeback Training

"Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable." ~Wendy Wasserstein

Week 5 of Comeback Training

Another good week in the books. Many have been asking me to post exactly what type of training I am doing. I think in the future I will post the daily workouts instead of a weekly recap. With everything going on I haven't felt much like writing a lot but it is coming back.

Monday

A nice run to the MP Run4life 5k course, completion and run home. 4.5 mile run easy.

Tuesday

This is the day the work is put in. 5am morning run with Anna and Jen. Speed work day. 15 min run easy and then 3 x 4 min sprint repeats. 1 min rest intervals. I then rejoined the ladies for the rest of the run and then a couple quick bursts of speed work with Anna at the end of the run. I then did a nice easy night session with Meg. The days total mileage was 10. In an average mile of 8:30.

Wednesday

6.5 mile run from college through Fort Hill Cemetery with Rick. A good hill run. Done in around 56:00 for an 8:36 min mile pace.

Thursday

4 mile tempo run. Roughly 8 min mile pace in intervals.

Friday

My legs were on fire at this time. Hadn't run 6 days in a row in many months. 5 mile run in 43:20. Roughly 8:30 pace. Resting for the weekend.

It was a good week in all. Fatigue is settling in quickly in the muscles so I am trying to up my protein intake after runs. I am also a big fan of Heed Electrolyte caplets.

Dare To Be Great

I want to thank the many of you that keep me going on a weekly basis. Not a week goes by where I don't think of many of you out there. Life is too short people. I dare you to be great this week! I just Dare you!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones