Monday, September 28, 2009

LIfe Begins When You Throw Out The TV

I wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work. ~Author Unknown

Life Begins When You Throw Out The TV

I remember someone telling me last year. "Life begins when you throw the TV out!" I thought that was a strange thing to say but we have been doing the same thing the last 6 months. Got rid of all the satellite and all the stuff everyone says you need. You gotta watch this, you gotta watch that. The result was a larger appreciation of little things. I enjoy my runs so much more than I did before. They are harder than ever for me and yet they don't seem to bother me much. It has also given me a renewed life for writing. After I wrote my first book some many years ago, I stopped writing. I am hoping to change that with an inspirational book I am working on. Here is a poem I wrote in my head on today's run. Enjoy!

From The Depths of Despair

by Vin Gleason

You say life isn't fair
But have you really given it your all
Left it all out there
And you continue to fall

Life has sent me
to the depths of despair
but I am a fighter
I will not wear

I am climbing the mountain
Without any gear
But I don't need any
Because I have no fear

Today I rise up
From the Depths of Despair
I take the flight
Unto the Air up there

As I stand on the mountain top
I put both hands in the air
I grasp my sense of self
and say bye bye to despair!

Written in my head on todays run! LOL

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones