Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Beginning Running Injuries: TW2G Day #9

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." -Unknown


Beginning Running Injuries

I was talking yesterday about rest. Whay happens when you don't get enough of it. The result is the body starts to breakdown. Let me tell you I have learned that from experience. I've learned that rest and proper treatment is key to any successful running plan. I mean when we set out to run we know we will have some pains occasionally. So don't worry about the pain. It will come and go. The pride in yourself will last a lifetime! I was reading up on some beginning running tips from Hal Higdon. I think they are also tips us old timers need to put back into our memory banks as well!

Hal Higdon Article Here

TW2G Day #9

Well today wasn't anything special. It was an easy 5 mile run. I changed the schedule around because I took my 5k speed prep off for Saturday due to the Labor Day Classic 10k I am going to do just 2 days later. I don't want DOMS ruining my race for me. These also means that tomorrows workout will move as well for me. (Everyone else stay on the program unless your running the labor day classic) Tomorrow will be a 10k Tempo run on the labor day course. That's it for today. I've noticed I am already stronger in week #2 then I was last week.

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones