Monday, August 31, 2009

Why Rest is Important? TW2G Day #8:

“Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” -Ralph Marston


Why Rest is Important?

I am no genius or speedster when it comes to running but I have become good at teaching newcomers. The big issue I see with nearly everyone is rest. They are all excited about their programs. (Yes Kevin I remember you yelling at me about the same thing and it's finally sunk in) I sometimes hear stories from people saying they were on this workout program or that workout program and burned out. The common thing I find is they were doing too much. You can have the best workout plan in the world and it is worthless if you don't plan proper rest into it. Rest is just important as that speed day is. When the body says No, You won't go!

Read this article below about rest in training programs.
DON'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT TAKING A DAY OFF

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sampleworkouts/a/RestandRecovery.htm

TW2G Day #8: Speed Intervals

I felt fresh off a REST day yesterday and it showed today. My legs started off a bit weary but on the hard workouts they came through for me.

Workout #1: 3 Mile Run
Workout #2: 10 x 100 meter intervals (100 meter rest intervals in between)
Workout #3: 10 Step Ab-Core Workout

Change to 10 Step Ab Core

Because the side step portion of it is not only hard balance wise for some but it is hard to find an adequate step to do side ways sprints and hoists. So I have replaced it in the workout with 100 stairs as the last workout of the day.

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones