Friday, August 14, 2009

A Look Back: What A Journey

"I've been motivated by overcoming challenge and overcoming the hurdles and obstacles that face me. There still is plenty out there to get motivated by." -Andre Agassi

A Look Back: What A Journey

As I was looking at my losses sheet for Therun4life and how I gave a ton away. I decided to look back at the first day when I moved to this new blog space. From the first day that I was picked to go run Boston, through all the crazy snowy days and through today. Almost a year ago I thought I was losing my luster for running. I was recovering from a running accident and when picked instantly became motivated and driven for a new quest. In the last year I recovered from a fall, healed, ran Boston, got hurt again and came back yet again this summer. I am very thankful for everyone I have met that his helped me through the tough time. A special thanks to all those that supported the fundraisers over the year as well. You are true heroes for the causes out there. So as I sit on an even where I am still a finalist and hopeful for an NCAA Cross country coaching job, I am thankful. Thankful because I know what it took to get here and with each hurdle thrown my way, I have obliterated it and I await a couple more.

10 Weeks to Greatness

With the help of Jeremy West, and the inspiration of Kevin Collins and Don Miller I have created a program called "10 Weeks to Greatness!" Its for runners who already have a base of 20-25 miles a week and pushes them towards the PR's that they are searching for. Thanks Jeremy for the guidance and help putting it together. Anyone interested let me know.

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones