Friday, August 28, 2009

Why You Are Sore? TW2G: Day #5

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

Why You Are Sore?

I get the question many times. "Why do I get so sore?" Well after you put in hard workouts like the Monday and Wednesday workouts with the speed work and some ab core, you will be sore. You will get what is called DOMS. It means Delayed Onset Muscle Syndrome. DOMS is my best friend almost daily but hey I just invite him over for a drink and keep on going. Pain will always diminish, but if I quit it will sit in my brain for eternity.

DOMS: Information From The Web

"Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) describes a phenomenon of muscle pain, muscle soreness or muscle stiffness that is felt 12-48 hours after exercise, particularly at the beginning of a new an exercise program, after a change in sports activities, or after a dramatic increase in the duration or intensity of exercise." (This is also called Delayed Onset Muscle Syndrome)

Read the rest of the article here------> DOMS ARTICLE

TW2G Day #5

Today is another easy 3 day on the program. I am running at night tonight to let some of the DOMS soreness to catch up and lesson the pain. Anytime you do sprints, speed work or tempo runs you will have some soreness. This is very normal.

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones