Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An Advocate 4 Beginners: TW2G Day #2

"To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality." – Anita Roddick

An Advocate for the Beginner

I want to start out by saying thank you to many of the letters and emails I have received this week. Anyone interested in these workouts just let me know. I am an advocate for the beginning runner. I believe in taking a lump of clay and sculpting it into something amazing. I am trying to do that for myself again. I was thinking last night how just 12-13 weeks ago I was in an immobilizer and I could barely walk. This new workout plan that we devised is not for the beginner. It is for the 20-25 mile runner to start and works up. You can take this plan and cut it in half if you need to start or if your a true beginner I have an even easier walk/run plan. Even though the programs and events I have directed have literally bankrupted me I want to figure out a way to continue on. I was once given the nickname from a friend, "king of the midpackers", which I still find to be very funny. So I will continue to train on until I have to give up the throne! LOL! This is my passion and I am going to keep it going as long as I can.

TW2G Day #2: Easy 4

Today's workout was nothing special. It was supposed to be an easy 4 miler on the plan. I ended up running an easy 6 miler. Reason being normally my legs are warmed up after 15 minutes and I am loose. This normally means that I feel better the following day. Today it was nearly 25 minutes until my leg muscles loosened so I stuck with the group and went the 6 mile distance. I don't normally advocate it but today I did it.

Upcoming Race Goals

I would like to find some like minded people to maybe car pool for some of the further away local races. Any ideas as well let me know. The races I am looking at doing are:

September 7th Mason & Grant Labor Day Classic
October 4th Festival of Races
October 10th Can Lake 50 mile Relay

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones