Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Think I Can: TW2G Day # 3

“Life’s battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.” -Waler D. Wintle


I Think I Can: I Think I Can

With any workout program the first thing you have to do is believe. If you go into a program thinking, "this isn't for me", or "I'll never do this!", then you have already been defeated. It is important to not only be determined that you will be successful but to set a goal during doing it. The coaches before the Boston Marathon told us to get a blog. I think that was the best thing ever. You can go back and see your ups and downs of your workouts. You can see what worked and what didn't work. In the long run the best thing about it is knowing that you set out on a goal, you worked hard and you broke that goal! If you didn't reach the goal then start again. Remember the excitement you had while driving there and do it all over again. Through hard work, patience, and rest it will come. I think I can, I think I can! Yes Stacy I believe you are the queen of, "I think I can!"


Protein Before & After Workouts?


I hear many athletes say should I be eating before and after a run? I say, "YES!" in moderation. I mean some people have delicate stomachs so there will always be exceptions to the rule. Many run on nothing. Early on in my running career I ran on nothing and felt awful. I then remembered running one marathon while eating during it, and it was probably the best I felt. I wasn't eating a pancake breakfast during the run, but just enough. Which leads me to the next article I found? It is about Protein.

http://www.shapefit.com/diet-questions-protein-workouts.html


TW2G: Day #3

Today was day #3 on the
TW2G program. For those who don't know a lot about it. It is basically a speed based workout program. It is a speed impact and core workout rather then just plugging away at high miles all the time. I remembered Kevin Collins saying to me once, "the only way to get faster, is to run faster." So with this program I want to run faster yes, but I want to be more fit and maximize muscle.


Workout #1 3 Mile run at 8 min mile pace

Workout #2 4 x 200 meter sprints with 200 meter recovery.

Workout #3 10 Step Ab Core Workout (refer to chart on day #1)


That's all for today! Keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones