Sunday, April 5, 2009

From Bed Rest To Therapy and Back

“Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.” -Unknown


From Bed Rest To Therapy and Back

Today I ran a 13 miler for the first time since the week before the injury on February 13th. I received Kinezio taping from Dr. Millers office at the NY Chiropractic College. Let me just say what a difference! I can not thank Dr. Maneri enough for moving this treatment ahead enough. Thank you so much! Today's 13 miler was in 1:45:17, which is a good sign of recovery!

Therapy

Many don't realize that once I got hurt I didn't quit. I worked hard. I tried everything. 3-4 hours of therapy a night. DMSO therapy, cold laser treatment, and many other things. I might have acted like a tired and discouraged man but I never gave up. I kept on working even though I won't be a speedster, its about getting the job done for these sick children.

Nate's Pep Talk

After Speaking with Nate Donaleski tonight I feel a ton better. This is a guy that is an amazing runner. Coming in around the 3 hour mark in the Boston Marathon last year. Yet Nate stated to me that he never doubts I would finish. In the past two days I have heard the word heart attached to my name. Many times I call it stupidity but it is my heart that makes me drive to the finish. I do not give up. I always finish what I start. Unless in this case my knee blows out and I can't even crawl. Thanks Nate for the words and I hope to see you in Boston my friend! Save me the wheelchair at the finish!

Special People

I have met so many new special people of late. I want to thank them for entering my life and being an inspiration to me as well. I want to thank Jeff Campbell who is battling MS. I keep thinking about how he has no use of his legs and I drive on. I want to thank The Suarini family for never giving up with their son Zach. I want to thank everyone who has run for my cause. I am teared up by your commitment. I want to thank Chris Major for partnering up with me to bring the new 5k to fight cancer to the community college. A special thanks to the Maneris for all their help with my treatment! Thank you to the Chiro College. Thank you to Brian Landers for his initial working of my knee. Congratulations to Debbie Bilak for her new found profession and her love of people! Thank you for the talks on facebook! You are incredible and don't let anyone tell you different! Congratulations to my friend Renay (I know its early) for your graduation coming up next month! You've worked so hard! Way to go! Anyways there are many of you and I could go on all night! Thank you to all!

Boston Shirts

I am sending out the T-Shirts to sponsors this week. Anyone who wasn't a sponsor that would like to buy one, let me know. The cost is $20 and all proceeds go to the Zach Saurini benefit to be held on April 26, 2009. Thank you all for your support!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones