Tuesday, April 7, 2009

To Dare Mighty Things

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

To Dare Mighty Things

The last couple years I have felt like all I do is dare mighty things. After watching my children stricken to hospital beds I realized it was time to do something more. I took myself from drinking in bars to raising the bars. What I have learned by doing this Boston Marathon training is to dare greatly, even if you fail, dare greatly. I could have given up back in February when my knee went instead fate found me good people to take care of me. Ones that care and have gotten me back on my feet. This journey has made me realize that racing times are not important. What is important was finishing that goal to those sick children. We all did that together as a team! I am proud of all of you for this feat! I would say to you if you don't know what it is like to feel victory or defeat, then do the following: Register for a 5k, 10k or a half marathon!

Boston Marathon April 20, 2009

In about a week and a half I will be conquering 26.23 miles of Boston. It has been a long road since November, one filled with many issues. I am happy that I have arrived at the end of this journey and I hope to get the job done that day for the kids! Thank you all again! We raised $3180 for Miles for Miracles. We beat our goal!!!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones