Monday, February 2, 2009

All It Takes is a Spark/ Our Thoughts for Zack

"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, they is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks." -Johann Gottfried Von Herder

All it Takes is a Spark

When I was away at grad school last week I really thought back to late August and early September. I felt defeated. I had lent my resources to everyone and everything and felt like I had accomplished nothing in our vision. Labor day had rolled around and I was only 4 weeks into my rehab for a stress fracture in my foot. I think that week was the spark I needed. At the time people were asking me to run for a child or a cause. I ran in 3 races injured in 9 days for different causes. My foot didn't feel all that bad, so I kept going. Then about a month later I found out I got into the Boston Marathon. So the spark was ignited and literally grew into a bonfire. I am not encouraging you to do something hurt because not all of us can do that. However I am encouraging you to find something that will ignite that spark in your life. No matter whatever it may be. Keep on trying and eventually it will happen! Sometime each day there is a little thing that you can hold onto and use it to make your day much better!

Our Thoughts For Zack

Right now as I type the Saurini's are making their way to Boston. Zack will be undergoing surgery on February 4th. I really hope that all my friends and family can set aside some time this week and put the little boy in your thoughts. I am thinking of setting up an online fundraiser for him. If anyone is interested contact me.

You can follow their blog at:

http://www.myitaliandarlings.blogspot.com/

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones