Monday, February 23, 2009

Obstacles May Slow Me Down But Will Not Stop Me

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it." -Moliere

Obstacles May Slow Me Down But Will Not Stop Me

Yesterdays run was easy. I just ran 2.15 miles easy to see how the knee felt. My worst fears are coming true only nine weeks before Boston. My left knee has developed what is called, "Runners Knee." It is basically in a nutshell the breaking down of cartilage under the knee cap. You also don't think of blood flowing through the knee but it does change that as well. Right now I can not bend it or I can't get up. Do I feel a bit down after all the work I put into training? Yeah a little but hey I have 6 hours to run Boston as a time limit. If the knee gives out I tie it up and push on until the finish line is crossed. My dreams of running for competitive time will be put on hold for the time being. I set out on this course to do this to raise money for sick children. Children like Zack Saurini that had surgery at Boston Childrens Hospital. I will beat that goal first and foremost and that is the most important to me! It's not about how fast you are, it's about what you do with the talent that you are given!

Anyone interested in runners knee information may go to:

http://www.drpribut.com/sports/spknees.html

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones