Tuesday, February 17, 2009

T-Shirts for Sponsors Deadline Feb 28th

T-Shirts for Sponsors

Hi gang! Anyone still wanting to get on the shirts for the Boston Marathon in April can still do so? The deadline to go to the printer is February 28th. This is because I need time to work with the designer and arrange logos, families names etc. Anyone still interested let me know! We are almost at our goal of $3000. We are about $800 short. Special thanks to Knights of Columbus who donated $150 last weekend! Everyone who donates $50 or more will get a T-shirt. I would like to then sell any remaining T-Shirts and give all the proceeds to the Saurini family at their benefit on April 26th.

All the information is at: https://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/bostonmarathon09/pfp/Default.asp?ID=GV0003

Knee Issue

Well my wonderful recurring knee issues are back. I had been training so well all year and them blammo! I have retraced my steps and I figured it was due to the new pair of shoes with built in orthopedic support. After walking in Hershey the last couple days, I can feel the difference in my legs. I feel this has lead to some changes in my knees and most likely the problem. I have decided no matter what I am running Boston. No one or no thing will keep me out of it! If I have to limp it or use a wheelchair, I am finishing. I am trying to show it is not about time, it is about coming through for the cause and the sick children I am running. Running for time just doesn't seem right given all the circumstances anymore. It feels selfish to me. That is just me.

Thanks to everyone for the continued support. Without you I would have most likely retired this week. Until tomorrow keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones