Sunday, February 22, 2009

Passing the Pebbles in the Path/ 2 Benefits Coming Up

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." ~Author Unknown

Passing the Pebbles in the Path

Well today was supposed to be another day of rest for me but I decided heck with it. I can't let the pebble that tripped me up last week take me down. I am going to have to come back slowly and be ready for whatever is left in the tank come Boston time. I would be a liar if I didn't say I was a bit discouraged at my knee. It always lets me down. Two weeks ago I was doing runs and feeling good at a 6:20 mile per minute pace through ice storms. Today it felt awkward to run but I was able to get back into my slower pace. I am hoping this will be broom I need to sweep the pebbles away. There are around 50 days until the Boston Marathon. I will be maximizing each hour of each day in order to make Boston a fun experience.

T-Shirts for Tipp

We got the wonderful run4life T-Shirts in for the Tipp Hill Run. Yep I am still running. I don't care what my knees say. I say, "I registered, I came, I conquered!" That and a good bunch of us will be doing it for fun! I think it will be a good time. Anyone still interested in registering go to http://www.tipphillrun.com and click on the register link.

Benefit for Zack Saurini

Anyone interested in helping or donating to the benefit for Zack Saurini please let me know. The benefit is being held on April 26th at the Sennett Firehouse from 1-5. Any type of donations are welcome! For more details on Zack go to http://www.myitaliandarlings.blogspot.com

Benefit for Jim Phillips

Anyone interested in helping or donating for the benefit for Jim Phillips please let me know. His benefit is being held on Sunday May 2nd at SK Post in Auburn. Jim has been battling cancer for many years and expenses have gone through the roof. For any other information contact my wife Jamie Gleason at mom2monsters@verizon.net

I want to thank many of my facebook friends. many of you staying positive with your status and many times like today I read that and use it to move forward! Thanks for being positive!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones