Friday, February 20, 2009

Thank You For Helping A Strong Will My Friend

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Thank You For Helping A Strong Will My Friend

Well I talked to an old friend today for the first time in many years. I won't discuss the nature of their illness without their permission but I will just say I was very emotional after the call. I wasn't going to come back to running till Monday because of safety precautions for my knee. Aft
er that phone call I felt renewed life. I didn't think about the pain. I imagined how my friend must feel being in a wheelchair and that I am blessed with working legs. They go on vacation from time to time but still working! So I put on my new running shoes and went and battled the conditions. My feet were all over the place and I couldn't find a stride but a strong will pushed me through it thinking of my friend. The knees feel much better. Still a bit rusty from the tear but I am back none the less and I will not stop until I hit that finish line in Boston. I have realized that it isn't about how fast you run! It is about the journey and how many wonderful people you meet and run with along the way. I would trade speed for saving a life any day!

Here are a couple pics from my cold and icy run on the trail today! Yep I ran with a camera!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones