Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why Charlotte's Web Helped Me Today

"You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die. A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that." -Charlotte, "Charlotte's Web"


Why Charlotte's Web Helped Me Today

I got thinking of the movie Charlotte's web this morning for some reason. Don't ask? Being couped up last night with all the ice on my leg made me think. When we started Therun4life.org is was just a small concept to bring families together. I look back today and it has webbed out and still climbing. My wish is that I could find a lawyer who would donate their services to make therun4life an official 501c3 instead of always helping other organizations like my run for Boston that is for their 501c3. It made me think how much of a web we have weaved and encompassed so many good people within the string of the concept. For that I am thankful. I have been told by trying to lift myself up, I have lifted many others up. For that I am grateful. I don't think people realize the true power they have unless bad things happen to them. I set out each day to try and show that everyday can be a great day! A day filled with promise and inspiration. Many just don't believe it but it is true!

Injury Update

After a long night of ice, it feels much better today. There is still much pain in the join and tightness in the knee cap. It appears that the bursa sac that is under the knee may be what is causing the problem and infecting the area. Basically to give you an idea of what it feels like. Take some medical tape and wrap it tightly around the left side of your kneecap and then try to walk. You can't walk that is the problem. I will take babysteps to get back and am still looking forward to running Boston. If for some reason I can't run at 100% capacity, I am still running! Got it!

T-Shirts for the Tipp Hill Run- March 7th

The T-shirts should be in early next week. We will be away till next Tuesday so I will touch base with everyone after that about them. I still plan on doing Tipp Hill even if injured. I will walk it if I have to. I follow through no matter what!

This will be the last post to the blog for a couple days unless I can get some Internet access at Hershey. Thanks for everyone for the support!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones