Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boston Marathon Training Day 4 Tempo Run

"I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart." -- Mike Fanelli

Boston Marathon Training Day 4


I am working on running the 3 parts. Usually I just run with 100% heart. I am getting into smarter running. Keeping a blog is also helping me. The coaches and Boston Children's training program gave me the idea to do this. That way it is an honest account of your training in your own words. So I will be blogging everyday of training.

Today's Training

The training for today is a 1.5 mile warm-up, with a 3 mile temp run and a 1.5 mile cool-down. The Warm-up was at a 8 min per mile pace. The tempo was run at a 6:56 per mile pace and the cool-down was around 8 min per mile pace. All went very well considering the awful roads and sidewalks. Many icy areas that I couldn't pick up speed and many snowbanks to jump over. GOOD STUFF!!!

More Tomorrow! Everyone keep your head up and your feet running!

1 comment:

Savage. said...

finally got on board with your daily training blog, Vin!

great stuff...i'll start trying to coordinate my walking efforts here.

all the best, my friend. you are doing a good thing, no, a great thing!

Steve Pipkin-Savage

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones