Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Healed Up & Ready to Run/ Which Path to Follow?

"There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult." --Rainer Maria Rilke

Healed Up & Ready to Run


Today is my first day back from a week layoff. This is pre-training week. The official Boston Marathon training program starts on 12/15. It will be a challenge due to our lovely weather, but one I will enjoy! The layoff left me feeling fresh. I had been running with soreness in my ribs and found out yesterday I had been running with dislocated ribs on both sides. Thanks to Dr. Landers, I am fixed up and ready to battle again! I chose Dr. Landers as my official chiropractor o
f the Boston Marathon because of his dedication and help to me in the last six months. Not to mention we used to do midnight jogs years ago! Thanks Dr. Landers for all your help and it made the run today much better!

Which Path to Follow?

This leads me to the run today. This week is a light pretrain week to get my body ready for intense running
starting next week. I will be on a 20 week program that brings me to the doorstep of the Boston Marathon, in which I will be running for many sick and recovered children. Today's idea to me was which path to follow? I decided to keep today's run on trail. I had a decision to make. Do I take the path of least resistance or run up the hill with ice and snow? As I always I choose the path with more resistance. Anything else wouldn't be fun! That is what it is all about! Fun and running for a cause!

Below are some pictures from my run. The choice of left up the hill or right and flat. Not hard to figure out which way I went! Thank you all for your support and I'll be posting my training everyday starting 12/15! Also Happy Birthday to TheRun4Life.org Runner/inspirator Jeremy West!


1 comment:

wRitErsbLock said...

I can't imagine running in those conditions. I'm a spoiled Floridian. When I ran in Nashville 2 weeks ago, it was 20 degrees, icy roads. But I ran. In shorts. And it felt great. The monster hills nearly killed me, though. Florida is mostly flat.

Good for you. Good luck with you training today.

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones