Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Expectations/ A Letter from a Boston Runner!

"If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal." -Norman Vincent Peale

Happy Expectations

Each day I set out to find a quote that speaks to me and apply it to how I see things for that day. It could be a life goal or training goal. When I was picked to run Boston I was the most excited I have been in years. I was more excited to have the opportunity to run for sick children. My group has created three marathons to children's hospitals in central NY in the last two years. Each time we set out with happy expectations. I have been receiving many emails. Many saying the same thing? How and why do you keep doing this stuff in today's economy? I say simply this: I do not look at the economy of today to be an excuse for my action. I hear many people weekly who are well off even say well, "I can't do anything because of the economy?" Had I had that attitude I wouldn't be where I am today. Granted I have no life savings but I have a life filled with purpose. To answer the how part, that is easy too. You get up each day and don't make an excuse. You dream your self doing something, your believe that you can do it, and you go out and achieve that goal! It's really that simple! Our communities need us to rise up and fix them! Now onto a happy email I received from a fellow Boston Children's runner!

A Letter From A Boston Children's Runner

"Hi, I am on the Miles for Miracles team for my second year. I ran last year and again will be running this year for a patient from Schenectady NY. I grew up near Utica NY, but I am living in Buffalo, NY now and currently but have family out your way. I just wanted to say how amazing your story is and how moving it is to see people that find strength and inner peace from places we might overlook in our every day lives. You and your family are truly an inspiration. Thank you for reminding me how important life is. Take care and good luck with training."

God Bless--

Renee
________________________________________________
It is letters like this that make you forget all about money. All about the negative masses in the world and make you realize that there are many good people out there just like us! This email made my day! Thank you Renee for the kind words!

Until Tomorrow! Keep your head up and your feet on the ground! Keep on running!





No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones