Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Training Day #9 The Heart Heats

"When you are cold, surrender
and die to the Heat of the Heart" --Ice Cube

The Heart Heats

I never thought I would see the day where I was quoting a lyric by Ice Cube. I figure it was fitting since today I felt like an, "Ice Cube" on my run! I realized all that I had out there was my heart. Giving it 200% and with each stride I could almost feel the blood trying to clog in my veins. That is what cold weather running will do to you. Near the end of my run I slipped on some ice and went down for a brief second and caught myself again. I was worried the way my ankle bent but it actually felt straighter when I was running after that. Maybe it was a sign for a free fix without seeing Dr. Brian!

Today's Workout

Today was a tough workout because all of the tracks are iced over. The two we have in town have a huge snow accumulation on them so I had to calculate today's workout based on last weeks track work. Today's Workout is a 1 mile warm-up followed by 8 x 600 meter sprints and capped off by a 1 mile cool-down. I did great given the conditions. I did each warm-up mile at the target 8 minutes. I did the 6 x 800 meters in 2:22 intervals for a total of 18:56. I was a couple seconds slower than last weeks track workout but I had ice to deal with today! In between were 1:30 rest intervals for a total of 12 minutes. Total duration of the run 47:56. Now I am going to get warm!

May your heat keep on running and your track shoes too! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones