Monday, December 22, 2008

Eye of the Tiger...Training Day #8

"So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive" --Survivor


Eye of the Tiger

Yep those lyrics above are from the famous song, "Eye of the Tiger", by Survivor. On days like today where it was 12 degrees and 2 degrees windchill, you need other motivations to keep on going. I got to a point on today's run where I pulled the draw-stings of my hood and all you could see were my eyes. I saw my cousin walking his dog so I waved and said,"hello!" On the way back I started feeling really cold and got to a part of lake ave bridge where it looked plowed but it was all ice chunks. I felt like I was doing a drill where I was running through tires. I kept thinking to myself the before mentioned song. Each step in rhyme with the song. Images of people running up the stairs like it was a Rocky movie. It made each step less colder and more bearable. Today I had the eye of the tiger in me to get through this run.

Today's Training

It feels good to make it through week #1. I had some muscle soreness yesterday so I did nothing. All that snow didn't help either. So today's training is again 5 miles easy like last week. I did it in 39:48 which is right on target to where I need to be on slow runs. Tomorrow will be the treat doing 600 meter sprints in the freezing weather and icy roads.

Everyone enjoy your day! Keep on Running!!!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones