Monday, December 29, 2008

Training Day #15 Hill Run/ Thanks Andy!

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed." -Booker T. Washington

Climbing Obstacles

The above quote for today is very true. I can say that in life I have overcome many obstacles and I do not mind saying so. I let alcoholism beat me for a number of years until I fought back. Then my wonderful children came into my life and then they had obstacles. I felt like I was fighting the battle along side them. Yesterday Andy Mattison from News 10 asked me a question? How did you overcome everything? As I sat there in the chair in my kitchen, I almost didn't have an answer. Like I said, "I just did it." I look back now and all the obstacles have made us stronger and wiser. I almost can't even figure out how we made it through. We took it baby steps and one day at a time. So in that regard I feel like a success. I have beat an illness! My children also beat theirs. In November of 2007 when we were in a car accident, we could have thrown in the towel. We did hang our heads for a bit but a little over a year later it is amazing of how we overcame yet again! I hope that when you reach an obstacle, you will step on it and jump right over it! You have more inner power than you think!

Today's Training

The training for today is a 5 mile hill run at a slow pace. I added in four hills in the course that I designed out this morning. One being Melrose road hill. I did the 5 miles in 41:17! A little bit slow but I will take it! It was a great cool day to run!

Thanks Andy

I want to thank Andy Mattison and News 10 again for coming out to the house yesterday! It was a nice piece. My son looks hypnotized at the end there staring in the camera. It made me laugh at the end. Thanks again for sharing our story! Thank You!

For those who haven't seen Andy's Story go to:

http://news10now.com/Video/video_pop.aspx?vids=82616&sid=1001&rid=1013

Everyone have a great day! Keep on Running!


No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones