Friday, December 26, 2008

The Runners 12 Days of Christmas

"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month."
Harlan Miller


If runners had a 12 days of Christmas it would look like this...

On 1st first day of Christmas Santa gave to me 1 pair of running shoes!
On the 2nd day of Christmas Santa gave to me 2
pairs of stretchy gloves
On the 3rd day of Christmas Santa gave to me 3 miles of tempo run!
On the 4th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 4 safety pins to clip on race numbers!!
On the 5th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 5 EASY MILES!!!
On the 6th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 6 miles of Fartlek...
On the 7th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 7 miles of hill repeats
On the 8th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 8 x 600 meter sprints!
On the 9th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 9 bottles of gatorade/powerade!
On the 10th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 10 nagging injuries/pains
On the 11th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 11 miles of a long run!
On the 12th day of Christmas Santa gave to me 12 x 400 meter sprints...

And a partridge in a pair tree.....ahahhaa Sorry I was bored!

Today's Training

No rest for the weary today. Today's training called for a 1 mile warm-up, 3 mile tempo run and 1 mile cool-down! Warm-up and cool-down miles were at the target 8 minute miles. The tempo run of 3 miles was run at a 6:51 pace, which is too fast for tempo for this week but I just wanted to get home! Got too much to do today! I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas!

Keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones