Friday, January 23, 2009

Becoming Your Destiny

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
-Dennis Waitley


Becoming Your Destiny

I had many conversations with people yesterday about their futures. I do not know it all by any means but I believe in the principle of getting back up when you fall. I remember the horrible feelings of our car accident in Nov 30, 2007. I had 3 months where I quit running and gave up on everything and everyone. It accomplished nothing. I learned a new outlook from that devastating experience. I learned that if I was going to do any good in this community it wouldn't be from sitting on the couch and feeling sorry for myself. My outlook changed quickly again when I looked at my two small children. Realizing that I can not lead by example by doing nothing. So in a brief moment of time, I stood up, and took off running. So far even with small set backs I haven't turned back yet. I am not perfect by any means but I do know that we can't get to any one destination by standing in one place! We all have a destiny out there and it is up to us to go claim it!

Colleen Miles Article in The Citizen Today

I was very excited to see an article by Mrs. Colleen Miles in today's Citizen newspaper. Mrs. Miles is Braeden's kindergarten teacher. Thank you for all you do Mrs. Miles! Here is a snippet of the article. "Teachers at Herman Avenue Elementary School are in the early stages of implementing “The Daily 5” - a learning structure and classroom management framework that encourage student literacy independence."

To read the rest go to http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2009/01/23/lake_life/lakelife02.txt

Today's Miles for Miracles Training

Today's run is 6 miles easy. Nothing fancy just running 6 stress free and easy miles. I ran them again at an 8 minute mile pace like instructed. It was a wonderful day to be out there and felt really warm. Of course when your used to running in -13 to 0 weather anything feels warm!

Go get your destiny, and keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones