Monday, January 26, 2009

You Can Control Your Attitude

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” -Brian Tracey


You Can Control Your Attitude

I will be the first to tell you that things don't always go our way. Our children were born ill, we did what we had to do. Today things aren't well with us in the economy we do what we have to do! Today my body was so beat up from Saturday's 15 miler I started to doubt myself. Then I said, "You do what you have to do!" Keep your chin up and your attitude positive. I am getting tired of logging onto facebook and reading, "OMG it's Monday, I'll never make it!" You will make it. Life is not a curse but a blessing.

PLEASE...Every day is a blessing. Take a little time someday and walk in someone's shoes. Walk in the shoes of the Saurini family right now. There little boy needing surgery less than 2 weeks away in Boston Children's Hospital. Monday is not a curse it is a blessing. I am not religious by any means but, "Pretend like everyday is Friday!" I know it's easier said than done but if you keep your attitude positive, Monday isn't so bad and ends much sooner! I know who am I to tell you right? I understand and I get it but don't waste my time with the Monday Blues! Bring something to the tables that we can use and make tomorrow here a better place! If your complaining to me about a hangover (you know who you are) Save it for someone else! Today my positive attitude got me through training and working towards a run for cancer victims and survivors. Only 3 more hours till I see the kids...Hoo-ray!

Today's Miles for Miracles Training

The training today was 6.2 miles of hills easy. Basically a 10k and I was right on pace. The hills and the 2 degree windchill took the life out of me but I kept my head up and realized why I am doing this. That there are children out there that need our help. I feel like each mile run is one step closer to saving a child's life. In a time very soon, we will cross that finishline together!

Until tomorrow keep your chin up
Your attitude positive and
Keep on running......

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones