Sunday, January 18, 2009

Far Away in the SunShine

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." -Louisa May Alcott

Far Away in the Sunshine

Well I want to wish everyone a wonderful Sunday morning. I think of the quote above and it has been really close to how my running has been. Everyday I don't worry about the conditions. I think of the sunshine that will be here in the coming months. I think of my aspirations of finishing the Boston Marathon. When I think of these things along with the thought of my kids being at the finish line, it all makes me feel warm. Too many people in the United States take too many things for granted. They also get too comfortable. Many have forgotten what it feels like to stand up and fight for something. No matter what your goal is or how hard it may be? Today is the day we start to stand up and fight for that goal. Even if you don't reach it, know that you went out fighting for it! Kudos to those of you I saw out running on the streets of Auburn yesterday!

Day of Rest

Today is a day of rest for me after the 14 mile ice run yesterday. My daughter had a sleepover with many friends and it was a long day and night of festivities. They continue on through tomorrow. So it will be yet another long day, but one that is fun!

Think of the sun and continue on your run! Keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones