Monday, January 12, 2009

Do What You Have To Do

"First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do.
"- Epictetus

Do What You Have To Do

Dropping my kids off at school this morning, I thought about the morning run. I knew that I had to get in six miles of hills today but the route I normally take was slippery and snowy. I went back home and got on my two pairs of socks, my plastic bags over my socks and said, "I have to do, what I have to do!" So I set out and ran through the slippery sidewalks and roads to get today's workout done. I realized that by running the Boston Marathon for these children I am doing the right thing. It is something that feels good to me. I am, "doing what I have to do!. It is something that is not about the money, though I am not getting any richer believe me, but it is about support. Those of you who have supported me with emails, letters and donations have won my heart out there. You are the people that continue to push me and get me through the cold winter days! I thank You for Your Support!

Today's Workout!

The run scheduled for today is an easy 6 with added hills. So I ran from my house out towards all the wonderful hills going towards Skaneateles on route 5. This has become my Monday route. I ran it a minute slow but for about 3 miles I had no footing and heavy wind so I was very happy to have finished in 49 minutes.

Not rain, nor sleet, nor snow can stop me! Until next time, Keep on running!

1 comment:

wRitErsbLock said...

I'm a spoiled FL girl. I can't imagine running in that kind of weather!

And go you with six miles in 49 minutes. It still takes me 65 minutes to go five miles.

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones