Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What My Grandmother Always Told Me/ Happy Birthday Kaylei!

"What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies." ~Rudolph Giuliani

What My Grandmother Always Told Me

Well my grandmother gave me plenty of cookies growing up though it never put any weight on me. The most important lesson she always taught was to work hard. Don't worry about all of the hardships to just keep pushing through. I don't think I really got that message clear until today. Growing up I had issues. I used to be a little jokester. When my daughter was born I vowed to never let that rub off. It's one thing to make someone laugh. It is another to make someone laugh when you aren't laughing inside. I was literally frustrated and exhausted. Frustrated that I have less than a week to pay another fee I didn't know about for the Boston Marathon. Exhausted from the sprints out to the lake in winds that nearly picked me up off the road. As I sprinted past the high school, I looked over at the cemetery on my right. Looking at my grandmothers headstone. Realizing that it is going to take more hard work for me to train the next 15 weeks. Many times running exercises I won't like but I will prevail. It will also take hard work to reach this fundraising goal of $3000. I try to think it's not about the money and if all else fails it is tax season soon! Remember a message your grandmother may have given you one day. It may be the only thing getting you through a hard time.

Today's Workout

The training for today is 1 mile warm-up, 4 x 1200 meter sprints, and a 1 mile cool-down! It went really well and I felt strong out there. That is except that brief 10 seconds where I felt like I was picked up off the ground. I finished the 4 x 1200 meters in 19:35 with 2:15 intervals between each sprint. I was very happy with that with the conditions and looking forward to my rest day tomorrow!

Happy 8
th Birthday Kaylei tomorrow! Dad Loves You!

Until tomorrow, Keep on Running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones