Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter Doesn't Stop Life, Just Slows It Down!

Life is like a library owned by the author.
In it are a few books which he wrote himself,
but most of them were written for him.
Harry Emerson Fosdick

Winter Doesn't Stop Life, Just Slows It Down!

Well today was probably the coldest run I have felt in a long time if not ever. I had to get out there early this morning because I have meetings and a reading to the kindergarten class this afternoon. I just say don't let the weather overwhelm you. Don't shut in! Wake up, Stand Up and Overcome!

Yes the roads are awful and the conditions terrible. No matter what nasty conditions we are dealt, we must stand up and defeat the issues. Today that is how I felt on the run. It would have been easy to make an excuse not to run the program today. Then I would have to live with myself not doing it! I tell myself that it will just slow me down a bit that's all. I just have to keep on striding one foot after another! Watching out for the nutty drivers on their cell phones in the process!

Today's Training

Today's run was 7 miles. 2 Miles warm-up and 5 mile temp run. I ran a bit harder on the warm-up today because well I was freezing and I wanted it to end. My 2 warm-up miles were at a 7:40 pace per mile. My temp run was at a 6:55 pace for 5 miles. Which was very good because the roads were in the worst shape I have seen yet. I am very pleased with the training so far!

Until tomorrow, Keep on Running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones