Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do Not Stand Back Shivering

"The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can." -Robert Cushing

Do Not Stand Back Shivering

I think we can all say that there have been many things in our lives that we consider worth doing. I can say that I have found may. From creating marathons to children's hospitals to any random acts of kindness in helping a neighbor. They are all worth doing on a daily basis. I know life is chaotic for many of us right now. Many of us struggling to pay the bills. I get it it, trust me! I too have worries each night on how am I going to keep a house over our head or how are we going to pay this or that. I have even thought about dropping out of grad school. I decided like Cushing stated to, "scramble through as well as we can." I try to find any form of inspiration each day and keep moving forward. Even if it is only an inch, it is still moving forward! Do not stand back shivering, keep moving forward!

Today's Miles for Miracles Training


The run on today's training log is 3 x 1600 meters at 5k pace. The roads are pretty bad so I sprinted the best I could. The first mile is a warm-up at 8 minute mile pace for me. Then 3 x 1600 meter intervals. Each 1600 meters can be attributed to sprinting for 6 minutes and 30 seconds without stopping. A 2 minute 30 second rest interval in between sprints for a total of 3 times. Then another 1 mile cool-down at the end. Total time of sprints was 19:30 and 7:30 rest intervals. It's in the books! I continue to inch a head one step and one mile at a time!

Even if it's sleeting or snowing
Keep on running, Keep on going!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones