Sunday, January 25, 2009

Overcoming the Hurdles/ Today I Dedicate to my Brother

"I've been motivated by overcoming challenge and overcoming the hurdles and obstacles that face me. There still is plenty out there to get motivated by." -Andre Agassi

Overcoming the Hurdles

I know that I have spoken with many of you of late and you feel that you have plenty of hurdles in front of you. I have plenty of hurdles myself but I control what I can control. I work hard to beat the rest and pray for a little luck. I think everyday can be a special day. Everyday I look for an inspiring quote or I dedicate my run or my day to someone. It makes it more meaningful. Everyday can be special. What kind of life is it if you only look ahead to Friday each week? Many think its funny I feel this way because they have forgotten how precious life is or even that they can make a difference at all. I think of my Brother and all the hurdles he had to jump. Today I dedicate this day to him!

Today I Dedicate to My Brother

Dear Kyle,

I hope someday you can read this letter and understand what I mean. I know you have always been different and many people in the community gave you a hard time. It is a shame those did to you what they did. They did not see how special you were right from the get go. You have been dealing with your autism for 18 years now. Kudos to you for all your hard work! I remember the big smile you had when you were only 2 years old. You never let anything get in the way and you always had a good time. Yeah you went after our sisters with a couple flicks to the head but hey those girls deserved it at times? I learned a lot from you last year when I spent nearly everyday with you. I learned that no matter how hard things get or what you have to deal with, you always stand up and keep on going. Granted many times I had to bribe you with a Diet Coke and a pretzel but hey whatever works right? I just want to say thank you for being my brother. You are the best little brother anyone can have. Though weighing in around 205 lbs, you aren't so little anymore. I look ahead to the spring when we can get back out there and shoot some hoops! Maybe this year will be the year you dunk! I wouldn't be shocked with how far you've come!

So buddy I'll see you in a couple hours. I may not be able to afford a Diet Coke and a pretzel today but we will always have one thing in common? GO S.U.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Brother Vin

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones