Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nature Has No Mercy/ A Snow Day Thank You

“Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway.” -Maya Angelou

Nature Has No Mercy

I thought that above quote made me laugh. It reminds me of this Boston Marathon training. Mother nature could care less that I have to run 5 days a week and cross train 2 days a week. I feel sorry for the Chris Mason's of the world that are putting in heavy mileage in this nasty weather. I have been putting in 40+ miles run per week and that's felt like running 80 miles each week. You just have to be smarter than the elements. Dress in layers and send mother nature a greeting card that you aren't staying inside today. Send her a postcard on the way stating that she isn't going to stop you with her icy wrath. At least not for one more day!

Four Day Cross Training & Rest

Coaches are giving me a little break this week because my body is getting some major fatigue. When you start running at my age and not in high school, you do get tired. Funny thing is I am running faster but muscle recovery isn't coming around like it should. So today is a cross training day and some yoga! Tomorrow I have to leave for 3 days of grad school in Saratoga Springs so I am getting rest days on those days because of classes! I think next time I pick a grad school where I can go to a warmer climate.

A Special Thank You on a Snow Day

A want to thank the Maneri Family for their donation to Miles for Miracles this morning. With each thought, email or donation it makes each run warmer knowing all proceeds are going to help severely ill children. Thank You guys for your support! All the best in 2009!

Miles for Miracles Update

Once we get the grant check from Wal-Mart we will be around the $1600 barrier. Over half way to the goal of $3000 raised. I will have photos posted on the site once the grant pictures are done. I want to thank everyone that has stood behind me on this project. It means a lot to us. For future updates fo to the site at http://www.therun4life.org

Don't let mother nature beat you, Keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones