Monday, January 19, 2009

Why Running Pushes Life Forward

"If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values - that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why Running Pushes Life Forward

Happy Martin Luther King Day to all! The quote above I am thinking about is true for all of us. Many times we forget the basics of the freedoms we have. I think many times we think it easier to look the other way then to lend a hand to our neighbor? On my run today I was thinking about, "Why Running Pushes Life Forward!" Today I ran a short 6 miler at a slow pace. Truly just trying to enjoy my run. Running pushes life forward because when you are running, nothing else matters! During my run my stacks of bills don't matter! During my runs I don't worry about paying the house or the gas and electric! It is my time for me. I know I am not the fastest human on the planet but some day's I feel like I am someone else. Some day's I feel the endurance of a Ryan Hall. Other days I feel the speed of a Usain Bolt. Though I will never be as fast or as strong as them, I feel some days I can be them, if just for a brief second in time. Running gives you a brief moment in time where your life is A+ no matter what. Today for 47:49 I was being the best I can be and enjoying that moment in time.

Today's Training

Today's training is 6 miles easy. That's about it. I ran 6 miles at an 8 minute pace yet again. Sloshing and stumbling around Auburn. Tomorrow is speed work day! Woo-Hoo!

Keep Pushing Forward and Keep on Running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones