Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why Are We Afraid to Fail? /Fundraiser Updates

"Sound character provides the power with which a person may ride the emergencies of life instead of being overwhelmed by them. Failure is... the highway to success." -Og Mandino

Why Are We Afraid to Fail?

I know right now many of us are riding the emergencies of life. I think what separates us are those who will risk it all for a better tomorrow or those that sit back and wait for the other party to go first. I think 2009 will be a year where we need to rise up. A year where we take a step forward and we are not afraid to fail.

I look at it like this: If I train hard for 20 weeks and fall in the Boston Marathon and get hurt, I GET BACK UP! It's that simple! When I first started this program I was afraid. I looked at the average mileage of the program being around 40-42 miles a week. Which I was alright with that. Then I saw how you do two days of hard running and I was a bit nervous. Worrying not only about failing to live up to my expectations but those of others. Then it hit me. If I fall I get back up. If I get hurt, I will petition the Boston Marathon Wheel-Chair event! Either way I am finishing! I plan on running with a camera and a cell phone so people can call me at anytime and find out where I am on the race course. I still plan on finishing under 4 hours.


Today's Miles for Miracles Training

The training today is 7 miles total. 5 miles of it being tempo run. The first mile was a warm-up mile at 8 minutes. The next 5 were tempo miles run at a 7 min mile pace. Then the last one being another cool-down mile of 8 minutes. I felt alright out there. The leg is getting a bit sore from where I slipped the other day but other than that I am feeling great!

Miles For Miracles Update

As of yesterday(not updated on the website yet) we are at a total of $1317. That is great and I am happy we are almost half way there. I would love to hit this goal before the Boston Marathon then I could just concentrate on running. All proceeds are tax deductible to a 501c3 children's hospital. Special thanks to Chris Major and Majorpalooza for their continued support!

50/50's For Zack Saurini

If anyone is interested, Jodi Saurini, will soon have 50/50 raffle tickets available for Zack. For those of you that don't know about Zack he is having surgery at Boston Children's Hospital on February 4th! I wish him the best of luck and I hope we can all put him in our thoughts on that day! You can contact Jodi on facebook or at
thesaurinis@yahoo.com

See their blog at http://www.myitaliandarlings.blogspot.com/

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones