Thursday, January 8, 2009

Taking Stairs...Not Pills..Blogging After Working Out!

A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs. ~Joan Welsh

Taking Stairs, Not Pills!

I have become a firm believer in exercise being better than pills. Before I started running I was on medication for thyroid disorder. Plus many other pills I can't even remember. Since I started running, I have been less sick and not on any medication. I know I am a freak instance but I am a believer. So today I take two stairs instead of two pills!

Blogging After Working Out


I have become a firm believer in blogging right after my workout. I try to capture the essence of how I am feeling after it and then I can look back to see how I feel. I advise many of you to do the same. Keep a journal, log or blog on your daily activities. I first learned to do this in a training program over 2 years ago. I would write down how I felt after each activity. We currently have online logs that we do for team Therun4life. They are located at http://www.athleticore.com
Blog your workouts and I bet you will be surprised at how much better you feel over time!

Today's Workout

Today's training is 6 miles with Tempo. 1 mile warm-up, 4 mile temp-run, and 1 mile cool-down. Today's conditions were very bleak. Actually now after my run I saw a plow. I was targeting 7:30 per mile pace because of the conditions because cars can't even drive. I ended up doing the tempo in a 7:19 per mile pace. Which I was happy about given the conditions. I truly believe that there are no excuses. You just get out there. The conditions are bad then you, "accept" what you are given. Believe in yourself and the rest will fall into place!

Until Tomorrow! Keep on Snow-shoeing, uh uh I mean running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones