Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good Luck to My Friends On New Workout Plans

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~Edward Stanley

Good Luck to My Friends

I want to wish the best of luck to my friends on their new workout plans. Many of you have discussed with me your goals in 2009! Well honestly You can do it! Dream...Believe...Achieve...

New 5k Event Coming to the Area

I have been working with Chris Major of Majorpalooza and the US Track and Field Association. We will be bringing a new 5k event to the area at Cayuga Community College. It will be held on May 24th at 10am. I will let everyone know when registration will open sometime next week! We will be holding the first 5k meeting on February 10th at 5:30pm at Ancient Order of Hibernians. Email me for directions if need be.

Today's Workout

Today's scheduled workout on Miles for Miracles is the ladder workout. Warm-Up 1 mile and then sprints for 400,600,800,1200 and 1600 meters. When you reach the 1600 plateau then you start back down 1600 all the way back too 400. This way the most tiring workout I have ever done. Rest intervals in between are at my discretion so I tried to keep them short if any at all. The over all time for the 6 miles was just a bit over 41 minutes. I got really tired the last 2 miles. Tomorrow will be an easy run before I leave for grad school in Saratoga for a couple days.

Tipp Hill Shamrock Run

I am looking for interested people who want to get a bunch of us together and do the Tipp Hill Shamrock 4 Mile run on March 7th. It is a great event and Irish bands play along the whole course with a post party to follow. I would like to have a team of at least 4 or 5 of us and make up some t-shirts with some St. Patty's slogan on them. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Go to http://www.tipphillrun.com for details.

Until Tomorrow, Keep on Running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones