Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter: The Time of Promise/ Long Run

Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do - or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so. ~Stanley Crawford

The Time of Promise

I look at winter as a challenge that has been bestowed upon me. With each day and step it gets harder to run but the blizzard will not get me down. I am on a destiny of purpose, or at least I feel that to be true! I do not feel alone out there anymore. I feel like I have people like yourself that are in my corner pushing me each passing mile. Thank you my friend for pushing me today! This year I have learned that just because it is winter, it doesn't meant that there is not plenty of life out there to be shared!

Today's Training- The Long Run

My run today was a challenging 12 miles. Normally 12 miles does not bother me on a run but in the weather some times you get bothered. The first six miles I had the wind at my back and then it was a fight to the finish on the way home. I made a new challenging course that took me around Auburn and out Owasco lake and back. I finished the 12 mile run in 1:37:29. Which I feel was pretty good given these conditions. Not to mention a car stopped me to ask me directions! Yep ask the guy that is shaking, freezing and on foot! Haha! Anyways I am looking forward to a cross training/rest day tomorrow!

I hope everyone has enjoyed there new year! It is a time where the slate is brushed clean and new goals can be set and conquered! Keep on running!

No comments:

..M..O..T..I..V..A..T..E.......Y..O..U..R..S..E..L..F..


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones